Call us 866-79SOLEX
180 N Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601, USA
350 E Dundee Road
Wheeling, IL 60090 USA
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm CDT
For immediate contact, call:
SOLEX College is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Why is accreditation important?
SOLEX College, an independent, for-profit, post-secondary institution is accepting resumes for ESL instructors for its Loop Location.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for the ESL instruction to non-native speaking students. Plans and provides practical English language training and cultural orientation for the students. Follows approved curriculum.
1. Teach non-native English students core language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
2. Demonstrate sensitivity to students' problems and the ability to develop strategies to meet students' needs, including help in building their self-confidence and self-esteem.
3. Coordinate classroom activities and integrate a variety of teaching techniques to facilitate student learning.
4. Conduct exercises that focus on developing Academic written and oral communication skills.
5. Incorporate materials from real-world to make learning English more meaningful to students.
6. Conduct testing and assessment (exercises, test scores, grades) and ensure that information required for administrative purposes is collected and maintained.
7. Keep accurate attendance records and submit daily attendance reports to the Director of Education. Complete all required reports, lesson plans and forms on time.
8. Comply with all policies and protocols of the College to ensure the safety and security of students and promote a positive, student-centered learning environment.
9. Attend staff and program meetings and monthly meetings with the Director of Education and Instructor Supervisor.
10. Maintain professional relationships with students and colleagues.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or related field and 2 or more years of academic English language teaching experience is preferred.
Minimum qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and appropriate coursework in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics is required. If the Bachelor’s degree is not in these fields, candidates must have at least two years of related experience or coursework with evidence of specialized training or competency in the assigned teaching field, such as academic or vocational training and credentials, related work experience or certification. Degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher education. SOLEX is accredited by ACICS and approved by the ISBE-PBVS division. SOLEX is required to demonstrate and justify the qualifications of the faculty to teach their assigned courses.
Experience with delivering Academic based curriculum desired. Must be willing to interact with students from a variety of cultural backgrounds and able to work both independently and as part of a team to ensure proactive, quality services to students.
Knowledge of a second language and experience living overseas are desirable.
Pay commensurate to education and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.