Request info via e-mail

Chat with us online

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Ask questions via Skype
Skype ID:

Call us +1-847-229-9595

Downtown Campus
180 N Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601, USA

Wheeling Campus
350 E Dundee Road
Wheeling, IL 60090 USA

Business Hours
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm CDT

Current Time in Chicago

For immediate contact, call:


Request Info

ETS-Authorized TOEFL® iBT Test Center.


SOLEX College is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Why is accreditation important?

F-1 Student Visa

If you are a citizen of a country outside the United States and wish to study at an accredited American language school, college, or university you will need an F visa.

Definition of "F" Status

An F visa is issued to someone who plans to attend a full course of study at an approved institution in the United States.  This person must have a permanent residence in their country of origin with plans to return upon completion of their course of study.

There are six main entities involved in the F-1 immigration process:

  • The Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
  • The U.S. School
  • The Designated School Official (PDSO, DSO)
  • The Student
  • The U.S. Department of State (DOS)
  • The SEVIS Database and the SEVIS Help Desk

F Visa Quick Facts

  • F visas can be obtained in two ways: by applying from abroad or changing status
  • Only schools approved by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) can accept F-1 students
  • F-1 students must maintain a full course load during their program of study
  • F-1 students can remain up to 60 days after the successful completion of their degree or certificate program
  • F-1 students may not work in the United States accept under certain circumstances
  • F-1 students can apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) for 12 months after the successful completion of a degree program
  • F-1 students may bring their spouse or children on an F-2 visa