Request info via e-mail

Chat with us online

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Ask questions via Skype
Skype ID:

Call us +1-847-229-9595

Downtown Campus
180 N Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601, USA

Wheeling Campus
350 E Dundee Road
Wheeling, IL 60090 USA

Business Hours
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm CDT

Current Time in Chicago

For immediate contact, call:


Request Info

ETS-Authorized TOEFL® iBT Test Center.


SOLEX College is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Why is accreditation important?

Reinstatement to F-1 Student Status

Students who have failed to maintain their F-1 student status are entitled to apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to ask to be reinstated (returned) to student status. Please note that a student who has been out of status for more than 5 months is ineligible for reinstatement.

When students show clearly that the violation of the rules happened for reasons beyond their control or that the violation was merely technical and not serious, the USCIS is more inclined to forgive the violation and return the student to proper status. Students can also be reinstated if they can show that failure to regain status would result in serious hardship.

If you have fallen out of status, please make an appointment with a DSO to discuss your situation in detail. If the DSO recommends that you apply for reinstatement, you should provide the DSO with all the documents necessary to issue a new I-20 form for reinstatement, including, if necessary, updated financial documents.

To apply for reinstatement you should submit the following documents to the USCIS office:

  • I-20 form indicating that it has been issued for the purpose of an application for "Reinstatement". (Student must sign item #11),
  • Copies of all other I-20s forms (from SOLEX College and any other U.S. colleges attended),
  • I-539 form (Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status),
  • Letter no longer than one page written by you providing the facts and circumstances which resulted in the violation of status. You should mention that you are currently enrolled in a full course-load of classes and also explain how a hardship would result from not being returned to F-1 student status.
  • Copy of I-94 (Arrival/Departure card usually stapled inside passport),
  • Copy of Passport ID pages
  • Copy of entry visa in your passport
  • Official transcripts from all the schools attended while in the United States,
  • Financial documents (proof of financial ability to cover the cost of education and living expenses in the U.S.)
  • Money order or check made out to the "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

Last Updated: 4/7/2010