If you are an international student, please click here.
The SOLEX College Office of Admissions accepts applications to all certificate and degree programs. During your interview with our knowledgeable admissions team, you will discuss your career interests and academic goals. Once we find the right program and schedule to fit your needs, we will get you on the road to success as a student at SOLEX College.
Start your new career today!
- Call us at 847-229-9595 or toll-free: 866-79-SOLEX (76539)
- Request information via e-mail
- Chat live with an admissions representative online (right bottom corner)
- Visit us at either of our campuses. For the West and Northwest suburbs, our Main campus is located at 350 E. Dundee Road, Wheeling, IL 60090. For our Wabash Learning Site (Downtown Chicago) location, we are located at 180 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601 (2nd floor).
Career College Entrance Requirements
SOLEX College maintains an open admissions policy. Prior to acceptance, all applicants must satisfy the following:
- Students must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and be at least 18 years of age. Under certain circumstances, an applicant under the age of 16, or who has not graduated from high school may be considered for enrollment with approval of college administration.
- Wonderlic cumulative score of at least 21 is required or an ACT score of at least 19.
- Demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following exams: TOEFL or TOEIC (may be waived for students who have passed level 6 of the Intensive English Program with a grade of B or higher)
- Interview with our admissions team
- Complete an application for admission. $50 application fee applies.
- $100 comprehensive fee includes the costs of technology, network access, and placement testing.
- Some of the programs at SOLEX College may require additional admission requirements set forth by the licensing or regulating authority governing the curriculum and its graduates. Consult the Academic Program Descriptions section for specific age requirements for each program of study.
These changes went into effect May 1, 2016
SOLEX College will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, gender or sexual orientation or other status protected by law in either admissions to and participation in any of its educational programs, activities or services, or in its employment practices. SOLEX is willing to consider all candidates for enrollment without regard to age, ancestry, race, creed, color, religion, ethnic origin, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or cultural beliefs. Illinois law (225 ILCS 57 §45) states that the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation may refuse to award a license to practice to individuals whose physical or mental illness results in the inability to practice the profession with reasonable judgment, skill, or safety. Therefore, the suitability of individuals with a disability/medical condition who apply to a SOLEX career program will be made on a case-to-case basis. In order to achieve optimal educational results, applicants with a physical or other disability or illness that contraindicates attending SOLEX will be requested to visit their doctor to gain medical approval, in writing, for enrollment.