Learn English in Chicago: The SOLEX College Intensive English Program (IEP) offers students an extraordinary opportunity to learn English language in Chicago. Our courses are 100% instructor-led and feature small class sizes to allow maximum student-teacher interaction. We offer courses on a rolling schedule, starting once a month across our locations. The Intensive English Program runs four days a week for 18 hours/week. Learn English language with SOLEX and receive ESL certificate upon completion of 648 hours. Our advanced English class can also help you to prepare for the TOEFL test, or to become more fluent in the use of Business English.
At both our SOLEX locations, your study of English will go beyond the classroom. The surrounding Chicago area provides students with an exceptional opportunity to fully immerse themselves in English. Chicago provides a vibrant and exciting background with world-renowned art, culture, and entertainment venues that will enrich your study of the English language. Wheeling is located in the heart of Chicago’s prestigious northern suburbs and is a diverse and dynamic community distinguished by its unique balance of stores, restaurants and residential neighborhoods. Commuters benefit from easy access to the Metra rail service on the North Central Line via the Wheeling Metra Station. The Wheeling Park District and Cook County Forest Preserve also provide opportunities for recreation and contact with nature.
IEP Mission Statement
The central mission of the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Solex College is to provide an intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program as well as orientation in U.S. culture for international students, professionals and other non-native speakers by means of an intensive English program of the highest quality and at the best value.
To achieve this mission, the IEP pursues the following goals:
- Improve the English language and study skills of international students in preparation for study at an American college or university, or for personal or professional purposes.
- Provide students with the cultural knowledge and awareness necessary to transition from life and study in their own countries to the U.S.
- Adhere to the highest standards of English language instruction by attracting and developing talented and experienced faculty.
- Develop an intellectual atmosphere in which professional development is supported, valued and pursued by all faculty.
- Provide student support and administrative services.
Tuition includes books and materials. Payment can be made on a monthly basis.
|Length||1 month||2 months||3 months||4 months||5 months||6 months||7 months||8 months||9 months|
Course List & Description
SOLEX College offers English language courses for students of all levels, from the earliest beginner to advanced English language learners. The courses include Business English, TOEFL Preparation, Academic Writing, Public Speaking, and many others. A full course list and description is available here. Learn English with SOLEX and receive an ESL certificate.
Homestay options are available for both locations. The prices start at $750. For more information click here.
START DATES - 2017/2018
The timetable is as follows:
Monday-Thursday 9:30 am - 2 pm (18 hours/week)
Monday-Thursday 5:30 pm - 10 pm (18 hours/week)
Monday-Thursday 9 am - 1:30 pm (18 hours/week)
Monday - Thursday 5:30 pm - 10 pm (18 hours/week)
Placement Test Schedule 2017: Wheeling, IL & Chicago
|January 27||February 24|
|March 31||April 28|
|May 26||June 30|
|July 28||August 25|
|September 22||October 20|
Placement Test Schedule 2018: Wheeling, IL & Chicago
Courses & Other Requirements For Admission To Program: To apply,
students must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and be at least 16
years of age. Under certain circumstances, an applicant under the age of 16, or
who has not graduated from high school may be considered for enrollment with
approval of college administration. ESL students are required to take a
placement test which assesses the student’s ability in Listening, Written
Structures, and Speaking. Students are then placed into the appropriate level
based upon placement test results. Students are eligible to begin a class based
on initial placement test results or successful completion of the previous
Learn English in Chicago: for detailed instructions on how to apply, click here
Intensive English Program (IEP) Disclosure
- U.S. Department of Education's Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) program code
- 23.0101 [English and Literature, General] for ESL and TESOL programs
- The on-time graduation rate for students completing the program (2014-2015)
- Program Tuition Fee
- Comprehensive Fee
- Job Placement Rate for students completing the program (2014-2015)
- The median Loan Debt incurred by students who completed the program (2014-2015)
- Program Acceptance rate (2014-2015)
Have questions or ready to get started?
Call our Chicago office at 866-79SOLEX (76539) to speak to an admissions representative or request more information via e-mail.